Here you will find some of the most important resources you’ll need as a new renter in Denton, TX. We have put together a collection of forms and documents for you to download, frequently asked questions to browse, and important information for local service providers.
- Can I print an application from the website? – To apply, you can download the application here: Click Here
- Can I fill out an application online? – Yes, apply online here: Click Here
- Can I be my own guarantor? – No, you cannot be your own guarantor. A guarantor must be somebody other than you, such as a parent, who would be willing to help financially if you find yourself in a situation where you are unable to pay rent.
- When is a guarantor required? – A guarantor is required if you have a poor credit history or if your income is just enough to pay your rent. Having a guarantor is a way to protect us from tenants who do not pay their financial obligations.
- What paperwork is required with a guarantor? – Your guarantor should have proof of income, such as pay stubs or their most recent income tax, which proves that the guarantor have the financial means to take over the rent if needed. You can download the proper forms here: Click Here
Rent & Billing
- When is the rent installment due? – Rent is due every month by the first of the month. There is a grace period that extends to the 3rd of the month if you experience any issues. Any payments made after the 3rd will result in a late fee.
- How can I make my rent payment? – You can write a check or money order and hand deliver or mail it to our office on 525 South Carroll in Denton. The “paid to the order” space varies from property to property. Find out who to make your check payable to here: Click Here. You can also pay your rent online here: Click Here
- How many occupants do you allow per bedroom? – We allow one person per bedroom due to parking limitations, with exceptions made for families.
Emergency – 911 Fire Department – Non-emergency – (940) 349-8200
Police Department – Non-emergency – (940) 349-8181
Water, Sewage, Trash City of Denton – (940) 349-8700 – www.cityofdenton.com
Cable TV/ Computer Charter Communications – 1-888-GetCharter – www.charter.com
Gas TXU Electric and Gas – 1-800-368-1398 – www.txu.com
Electric Denton Municipal Electric – (940) 349-8700 – www.dmepower.com
Frontier – 1-844-523-1949 – www.go.frontier.com
US Postal Service – 1-800-275-8777 – www.usps.com
Denton County Tax Office – (940) 349-3500 – www.taxweb.dentoncounty.com
General Community Links
Denton Chamber of Commerce – (940) 982-9693 – www.denton-chamber.org
Discover Denton – www.discoverdenton.com
Denton ISD – (940) 369-0000 – www.dentonisd.org
Denton Public Libraries Automated Information – (940) 349-8752 – www.library.cityofdenton.com
Parks and Recreation – (940) 349-PARK – www.cityofdenton.com/parks
Drivers License Texas Dept. of Public Safety – (972) 221-8081 – www.txdps.state.tx.us